Sunday, October 10, 2010

catching up

It's been a while, but sometimes life throws you curve balls when you were expecting a cutter or a slider. So, the year is almost over but I do have progress to report. First off with the addition of the first-time home buyers tax credit check, I have successfully added money to my savings account. Waiting for the check was a torment in itself since the government has a way of taking entirely too long to accomplish something that seems simple, but at long last and after several "we're still processing your request" letters, the check arrived, WITH INTEREST. I'm thinking I'm going to have to pay taxes on that interest, because that just seems like a government-y thing to do.

Secondly, I booked my trip to the Harry Potter Amusement Park, and am leaving on october 22nd with bells on. In attempting to "find a job i like" per the list, I managed to find a job that mostly suits me but drives me crazy, knowing it's a fine line. So I definitely need this vacation. Fun stories of the trip to come.

Third, for my birthday my dad pulled one out of the hat and got me a garden gnome that looks like a leprechaun. He's adorable and even has a pot beside him for gold, although unfortunately no gold was included with purchase. Thanks to Liza Hendley-Betz at the Failte Irish Import Shop in Lexington for helping my dad find such a unique treat. I will be sure to post a picture of the gnomprechaun soon!

By the way of all things Irish, I attended the Celtic Festival and Highland Games a few weeks ago. I am definitely counting this as a trip to a renaissance fair simply based on the amount of corsets seen squishing already large boobs out of fluffy dresses. Also important to note, the sheer number of kilts was astonishing. There were lots of fresh balls walking around Eminence that day and lots of smiling faces on those men. Slainte!

And lastly, I bought the most ass-kicking shoes I may have ever seen and they definitely fit the "abnormal color or pattern" stipulation. Picture of those soon to come as well.

That's all for now, but I swear I won't keep you waiting that long again. It's just that I never was good at hitting anything but a fastball so I'm learning to roll with the punches while trying not to grow weary of getting the crap beat out of me. (figuratively of course) And I'll try to leave out the sports analogies next time, buts it's mlb postseason and I've got baseball on the brain.

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! Good luck on your list you are crossing the things off left and right! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete