Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Reading for Dummies

So I finally started the "making myself seem a bit smarter" portion of the to-do list. I read the first of at least two classic novels that I will be reading this year. Charlotte Bronte made me feel more feelings than I have cared to feel in quite a while all for a girl named Jane. I'm thinking that Jane Eyre was the perfect novel to slide me into reading classic novels, here's why. It's not a difficult read, especially considering that it was written in the 1800s. Jane is one of the most lovable characters I have read about and not nearly as annoying as the siblings in Pride and Prejudice, which, by the way, is the second novel I chose. I felt every emotion that Jane felt, fear, courage, confusion, longing, pride..... Two Thumbs up and yay to happy endings when it seems like there's no possible way that one could actually happen. Wish me luck on Pride and Prejudice. I don't seem to have quite the same love for Jane Austen that I did for Charlotte Bronte. Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment